Assistant Professor, PhD, University of Craiova, Faculty of Social Sciences, Romania;
Published on December 29, 2019
Creating a common space of development and integration throughout the territory of Europe has been one of the main goals during the evolution of the European Communities. In this context, the continuous expansion of the European Union and the process of deepening the European construction has conditioned the fair development of all the regions. The aim of this paper is to examine the policy provisions and the funding mechanisms in the issues relation to cohesion throughout the European Union, by examining the role of regions and subsidiarity foundation of this instruments.
Cohesion policy, European Union, European funds, subsidiarity, regions.
- The Treaty of Rome, 25 March 1957, art. 2.
- Livia Pogan, Changing work values in a liquid world, in “Sociology and Social Work Review”, no. 3/2019.
- Iordan Gheorghe Bărbulescu, Procesul decizional în Uniunea Europeană, Iași, Polirom Publishing, 2008.
- Beate Kohler-Koch, The Evolution of European Governance, in “Political Science Series” no. 58.
- Oana-Andreea Ion, Guvernanța Uniunii Europene. Abordări Actuale, Iași, Polirom Publishing, 2013.
- Cristina Ilie Goga, The status quo of regional social policy in the European Union, in “Revista de Științe Politice. Revue des Sciences Politiques”, no. 43/2014.
- Official Journal of the European Union, Regulation (EC) No 1059/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 May 2003 on the establishment of a common classification of territorial units for statistics, published on 21.6.2003.
- Mihaela Bărbieru, With or Without regionalization? Realities, challenges and prospects in a European Union of the regions, in “Revista de Științe Politice. Revue des Sciences Politiques”, no. 47/2015.
- Laurie Boussaguet, Sophie Jacquot, Pauline Ravinet, Dicționar de politici publice, Iași, Polirom Publishing, 2009.
- Ian Bache, Europeanization and Multilevel Governance: Cohesion Policy in the European Union and Britain, Lanham, The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group, 2008.
- Official Journal of the European Union, Regulation (EU) No 1301/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 on the European Regional Development Fund and on specific provisions concerning the Investment for growth and jobs goal and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1080/2006.
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2012/2002 of 11 November 2002 establishing the European Union Solidarity Fund, available online at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32002R2012&from=RO, accessed on July, 23rd, 2019.
- European Commission, Evaluation of the European Union Solidarity Fund 2002-2017, Brussels, 15.5.2019.
- European Commission, Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on the European Regional Development Fund and on the Cohesion Fund, Strasbourg, 29.5.2018.