3rd Degree Scientific Researcher, PhD., “C.S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor” Institute for Research in Social Studies and Humanities from Craiova, of the Romanian Academy, Romania;
Published on December 17, 2020
The failure of the second siege the Ottoman Empire Army carried against Vienna, in 1683 (the first was in the time of the Sultan Suleyman Kanuni – The Magnificent, in 1529), was the moment the Ottoman Empire was on defensive positions until 1878, the time for the Romanian independence.
The article points out the main opinions on the international status, as they appear in the national historiography.
Ottoman Empire, Russian Empire, Habsburg Empire, Romanian Principalities, national historiography
- Florin Nacu,Împlinirea dezideratului revoluționar pașoptist în timpul domniei lui Alexandru Ioan Cuza,Opera Omnia Collection, Cartea de Istorie, Iași, Tipo Moldova Publishing, 2015.
- Florin Nacu, European influences in reforming social structures of modern Romania, in “Sociology, Education Sciences, International Relations”, Conference GIDNI 2, ”ARHIPELAG XXI” Press, 2015.
- Vladimir Osiac, Istoria modernă a României, Craiova, Universitaria Publishing, 1999.
- Anastasie Iordache, Originile conservatorismului politic din România, Bucharest, Political Publishing, 1987.
- storia Românilor, vol. VII, book II.