3rd Degree Scientific Researcher, PhD. “C.S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor” Institute for Research in Social Studies and Humanities from Craiova, of the Romanian Academy, Romania;
Published on December 17, 2020
At the end of the 18th century and the first half of the 19tha great number of Macedo-Romanians established to Craiova and its surroundings, playing an important role into the economic and the cultural development of this town. Among these we encounter Stoian Hagi Ţolea’s family, natives from Macedonia, dealing with livestock trading in particular large cattle in Austria and Ottoman Empire. From those sales Stoian Hagi Ţolea raised significant amounts ofmoney that allowed him to buy several estates within Oltenia, predominantly Romanaţi county. Among the estates bought-in it is also Radomir, purchased by friars from Boanta monastery in 1780.
Stoian Hagi Ţolea is conneded to a highly importantarchitectural monument from Radomir – a building that unfortunately it is no longer preserved today. It was a square shape (5.50×5.50m) with a height of 6m till the roof and two floors (downstairs and a floor). It served as permanent home. In 1948, after Clemenţa Cionea’s arrest, the building was nationalized and become into State’s property. Not being used the building decayed. This process gradually increased. In 1960, the local authorities with consent of the county have disposed the demolishing.
Cionea’s building, Stoian Hagi Ţolea, arhitectural monument, downstairs, ground floor
- Constantin C. Giurescu, Istoria românilor, vol. III, De la moartea lui Mihai Viteazul până la sfârşitul epocii fanariote (1601–1821), Bucharest, Al Educational Publishing, House, 2003.
- Neagu Djuvara (coord.), Aromânii. Istorie. Limbă. Destin,Bucharest, Fundatia Culturală Română Publishing House, 1996.
- Ştefan Ricman, Vasile Enescu, Fr. Iosif, Paul Constant, Contribuţii la monografia judeţului Romanaţi, Craiova, 1928.
- Ion Donat, Dinică Ciobotea, Ion Pătroiu, Catagrafia Obştească a Ţării Româneşti din 1831, Craiova, Helios Publishing House, 1999.
- Veselina Urucu, Câteva însemnări despre satul romănăţean Radomir, in “Memoria Oltului şi Romanaţilor”, year VII, no. 1(17), 2018.
- Simona M. Vrăbiescu-Kleckner, Pe urmele mele în două lumi: România-SUA, vol. 1, Bucharest, Curtea Veche Publishing House, 2013.
- Iancu Atanasescu, Valeriu Grama, Culele din Oltenia, Craiova, Scrisul Românesc PublishingHouse, 1974, p. 130; Iancu Atanasescu, Pavel Popescu, Culele din Oltenia, cu evoluţia lor până în anul 2010, Craiova, National Heritage Craiova Collection, 2012.
- Radu Creţeanu, Sarmiza Creţeanu, Culele din România, Bucharest, Meridiane Publishing House, 1969.
- Anca Ceauşescu, An arhitectural variety specific to Oltenia. The kula, in “Anuarul Institutului de Cercetări Socio-Umane “C.S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor”, XII/2011, Craiova, Aius Publishing.