2nd Degree Scientific Researcher, PhD., “C. S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor” Socio-Human Research Institute from Craiova, of the Romanian Academy, Romania;
Published on October 31, 2016
In the present article we intend to analyse the adjectives encompassed in the analytical microtoponyms from Muntenia. They are “requested” by both the qualities and the “faults” of a place/geographical object, but they also represent a neuter means of identification, as in the situations where their use is imposed by administrative reasons. Our research unfolds the types of adjectives that can be met, their frequency, their relation with the partner (the entopic element) or the partners (proper or common nouns, adverbs etc.) of the denominative group, the lexical-grammatical form etc., and the establishment of the results obtained in the context of the similar researches from other geographic regions, can offer us a complete image of the displayed pattern.
toponymy, adjectives, entopic elements, structure, classification.
- Gramatica de bază a limbii române, Romanian Academy, “Iorgu Iordan – Al. Rosetti” Institute of Linguistics, Bucharest, Univers Enciclopedic Gold Publishing House, 2010.
- Dicţionarul toponimic al României. Oltenia – The toponymical Romanian dictionary. Oltenia (DTRO) (coordinator Prof., PhD, Gh. Bolocan), vol. I (A-B), Craiova, Universitaria Publishing House, 1993 and next.
- DTRM, I. Appellative + Anthroponym, II. Appellative + Toponym, III. Appellative + Appellative, IV. Appellative + Adjective, V. Appellative + Preposition + Noun, VI. Appellative + Preposition + Adverb.
- Ion Iordan, Petre Gâştescu, D. I. Oancea, Indicatorul localităţilor din România, Bucharest, Romanian Academy Publishing House.
- Iustina Burci, Denumiri cu particularizatori adjectivali în toponimia din Oltenia.
- Ion Toma, 101 nume de locuri – 101 names of places, “Viaţa cuvintelor” Collection, Bucharest, Humanitas.