2nd Degree Scientific Researcher, PhD. “C.S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor” Institute for Research in Social Studies and Humanities from Craiova, of the Romanian Academy, Romania;
Published on December 4, 2018
The subject of the present work is the investigation of a limited segment of toponyms, more specifically, the one represented by the denominations in which there is found the appellative boier-boyar. The analysed area was also limited, the region of Oltenia providing us with the necessary information.
The three directions of research considered the following aspects:
a) the internal structure of the denominations;
b) the quality of the term from the morphological and onomastic point of view;
c) the frequency that the actual constructions register in the inventory of the place names from Oltenia.
boyar, history, toponymy, structure, frequency.
- Iorgu Iordan, Toponimia românească, Bucharest, Romanian Academy Publishing, 1963
- Vasile Ioniţă, Nume de locuri din Banat, Timişoara, Facla Publishing, 1982.
- Dicţionarul limbii româneşti, Institutul de Arte Grafice “Presa Bună”, 1939.
- Introducerea to Tezaurul toponimic al României. Moldova, vol. II. Mic dicţionar toponimic al Moldovei (structural şi etimologic), Part I, Toponime personale (under the editorship of prof. Dragoş Moldovanu, PhD.), Iaşi, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University Publishing, 2014.
- Dicționarul elementelor românești din documentele slavo-române, 1374-1600 (coordinating editor Gh. Bolocan), Bucharest, SRR Academy Publishing, 1981.