3rd Degree Scientific Researcher, PhD., “C.S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor” Institute for Research in Social Studies and Humanities from Craiova, of the Romanian Academy, Romania;
Published on December 17, 2020
The present study, based onthe information provided by the performers from Oltenia, resulted from our personal field research, intends the identification of some particularities specific for the traditional medicine, by using wine as a remedy in treating most of the diseases.
In the introductory part, there was accentuated the special importance that the viticultural products have in the human life, which, through the wide variety of the substances they contain, have been utilised in diets and therapies for thousands of years. In the investigation part, the wine is described and recommended, along with the vineyard products, simple or mixed, as remediesused in the prophylaxis and the treatment of the diseases, as it results from the field information. The traditional experience of the dwellers from the investigated area, in the domain of the traditional medicine, can bring some contributions to the acknowledging of the wine-making culture and civilisation.
traditional remedies, wine remedies, Oltenia, the prevention and the treatment of the illnesses, nutritious qualities
- Valentina Iarovoi, Vița –de –vie în cultura moldovenilor, in “BuletinȘtiințific. Revistă de Etnografie, Științele Naturii și Muzeologie”, Științele Naturii magazine, vol. 7(20), new series, Chișinău, 2007.
- Nestor Vornicescu, Una dintre primele scrieri ale literaturii române vechi. “Pătimirea martirilor Epictet și Astion”, Craiova, Oltenia Metropolitan Church Publishing, 1990.
- Cato, De agricultura (Cartea despre cultivarea pământului), bilingual text, translation from Latin, introduction, notes and indexby Ioana Costa, Bucharest, University of Bucharest Publishing House, 2010.
- Plinius, Naturalis Historia, volume III, “Botanica”, Book XIV, 25, translation by O. Gordon, supervised edition, preface, notes, annexesand index by Ioana Costa, Iași, 2002.
- Bernard Moinier, Marius Alexianu, Sare și vinuri în antichitatea greco-romană, in “Tyragetia”, vol. V, nr. 1/2011.
- Nicolae Lașcu, Cum trăiau romanii, Bucharest, Editura Științifică Publishing, 1965.
- Dimitrie Cantemir, Descrierea Moldovei, translation from Latin by Petre Pandrea, Chișinău, Litera Internațional Publishing, 2003.
- Loredana-Maria Ilin-Grozoiu, Terapeutici arhaice și actuale legate de întrebuințarea oțetului. O cercetare expresă din spațiul etnografic oltenesc, in “Memoria Ethnologica”, year XVII, no. 74–75/2020.