Mihaela Ioana IAMANDEI
PhD. Student, Faculty of Geography, University of Bucharest, Romania;
Published on October 31, 2017
In the Mehedinţi Plateau area, there is a great number of karsts complexes, also named geomorphosites, created by the action of water in the massive calcareous rocks. Some of these, such as Izverna and Topolnita karsts complexes, are suitable to speleological tourism, cave diving, tourist and scientific explorations, underground and underwater photography and filming. Tourists come here from all over the world and this is a place where special camps for cave diving the fans are organized.
This study presents especially the types of geomorphosites generated by water, the touristic offer in this area and the analysis of indicators representing the global value of one of the main geomorphosites. This global value increased in particular due to their scientific, cultural and aesthetic values which makes them suitable to ecotourism. The economic value is also an important indicator for the touristic activities in Mehedinți Plateau.
Mehedinţi Plateau, water effects, karst, geomorphosites, speotourism, scientific value, cultural value, aesthetic value, economic value, ecotourism, cave diving.
- Dan Bălteanu, Pericarpathian Regions in Romania IN Romanian Academy, Institute of Geography, Romania, Space, Society, Environment, The Publishing House of The Romanian Academy, 2006.
- M. Ielenicz, I. Săndulache, România – podișuri și dealuri, Bucharest, University Publishing House, 2008.
- Ion Pișota, Liliana Zaharia, Daniel Diaconu, Hidrologie, Bucharest, University Publishing House, 2010.
- Mihai Ielenicz, Alexandru Nedelea, Laura Comănescu, Lexicon de Geomorfologie, Bucharest, University Publishing House, 2013.
- Mihai Ielenicz, Laura Comănescu, Turism, teorie și metodologie, Bucharest, University Publishing House, 2013.
- Mihaela Ioana Iamandei, Turismul Cinegetic și Turismul Piscicol în județul Mehedinți/ Cynegetic and Fishing Tourism in Mehedinți County, Bucharest, University Publishing House, 2016.
- Elena Bogan, Mihaela Ioana Iamandei, Romanian trout farms and wineries – successful touristic attractions IN International Journal of Academic Research in Environment and Geography, 2016, vol. 3, issue 1, available at http://econpapers.repec.org/article/hurijareg/¬v_3a3_3ay_3a2016¬_3ai_3a1_3ap_3a38-50.htm
- Monica Dumitraşcu, Dan Bălteanu, Mihaela Năstase, Protected Areas in Romania IN Invasive Terrestrial Plant Species in The Romanian Protected Areas, A geographical approach, EAR, 2016.
- Mihaela Ioana Iamandei, Turismul Cinegetic și Turismul Piscicol în județul Mehedinți/Cynegetic and Fishing Tourism in Mehedinți County, Bucharest, University Publishing House, 2016.
- T. Orghidan, Șt. Negrea, Gh. Racoviță, C. Lascu, Peșteri din România, Bucharest, Sport Turism Publishing, 1984.
- Răzvan Stroe, Daniel Peptenatu, Dicționar Geografic al Județului Mehedinți, Craiova, Scrisul Românesc Foundation, 2011.