Lecturer, PhD.candidate, Faculty of Education, Departmentof Education and Culture, University of North Sumatera, Indonesia;
Published on December 17, 2020
This study aimed to determine the Implementation of School Literacy Movement in Improving Teacher’s Reading Motivation in State High School 1 Siantar in the 2018/2019 Academic Year. This study used School Action Research (SAR) method, this research is a quantitative data with descriptive statistical analysis techniques which conducted at SMA Negeri 1 Siantarin the 2019/2020 academic year, subject consisting of 62 teachers of all subjects. This research was implemented using two cycles namely the first cycle and the second cycle, before the pre-cycle had been implemented. The results of this study indicated that there is an increase in the reading motivation of teachers who are selected from the assessment of the average reading motivation of the original teacher in the pre-cycle conditions showed that the average assessment is quite good, increasingly to be better. Based on the results, it can be concluded that the implementation of the School Literacy Movement carried out in a planned manner and proved to be able to increase the motivation of reading teachers in SMA Negeri 1 Siantar with the results of this studyproving that it can increase the teacher reading motivation, this condition can be seen from the average assessment. The teacher’s initial reading motivation in the condition of the first cycle showed that the average of good ratings increased to verygood and those that originally had an average rating of 3.52 increased to 5.43.
Teacher, Teacher’s Reading Motivation, School Action Research, School Literacy Movement, Teacher Reading Motivation Assessme
- Mujtahidin, Teori Belajar dan Pembelajaran, Bangkalan, Universitas Trunojoyo Madura, 2012.
- Lilawati,Hubungan Antara Tingkat Pendidikan Orang Tua, Stimulasi Membaca Dari Orang Tua dan Intelegensi dengan Minat Membaca pada Anak Kelas V Sekolah Dasar, Yogyakarta, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 1988.
- H.C. Witherington, H. C.,Teknik-Teknik Belajar dan Mengajar, Bandung, Jemmars, 1986.
- RPP SD,Tiga Tahap Pelaksanaan GLS, 2017, available at https://www.pediapendidikan.com/2016/07/tiga-tahap-gerakan-literasi-sekolah.html
- V. F. Anggraeni, Penerapan Disiplin Untuk Anak Usia Sekolah Dasar (5–12 Tahun), 2012, available at http://belajarbarengkiddos.blogspot.com/2012/11/penerapan-disiplin-untuk-anak-usia.html
- S. Anitah & Dkk, Strategi Pembelajaran di SD, Jakarta, Universitas Terbuka, 2008.
- D. Buchari, Gerakan Literasi Sekolah, 2017, available at https://steemit.com/indonesia/@darmawanbuchari/gerakan-literasi-sekolah-20171117t22031536z
- Suhardjono, Tanya jawab tentang PTK dan PTS, naskah buku, 2009.
- N. Sudjana, Penilaian Hasil Proses Belajar Mengajar, Bandung, Remaja Rosdakarya, 1991.
- U. S. Winataputra, Teori Belajar dan Pembelajaran, Jakarta, Universitas Terbuka, 2007.