3rd Degree Scientific Researcher, PhD, “C. S. Nicolăescu-Plopşor” Socio-Human Research Institute from Craiova, of the Romanian Academy, Romania;
Published on October 31, 2016
The study, based on published and unpublished documents, analyses the dynamics and dimension of the Soviet military occupation between 1944 and 1949, in the city of Craiova. The military occupation knew two periods: the first stage (September 1944 – May 1945), when the occupation appears to have a provisional character, and the second stage (1945-1949) marked by a massive military presence. In 1949 the withdrawal of the Soviet troops put an end to a severe and oppressive occupation, for the residents of Craiova.
red army, military occupation, Craiova, commandeers, World War II.
- Constantin I. Năvârlie, Între abandon şi crucificare România 1946-1949, vol. II, Craiova, De Sud Publishing House, 2000.
- SJAN Dolj, Fund of Ad-tiv General Inspectorate from Craiova, file no. 65/1944, Fund of Craiova Police Department, file no. 40/1944, Fund of Ad-tiv General Inspectorate from Craiova, file no. 66/1944, Fund of Craiova Police Department, file no. 40/1944
- Alexandru Badea Constantinescu, Labirintul Terorii, Craiova, Sim Art Publishing House, 2006.
- Radu Ciuceanu (responsabil), Ioan Chiper, Florin Constantiniu, Vitalie Văratic, Misiunile lui A.I. Vâşinski în România. Documente secrete, Bucharest, 1997.
- Şerban Pătraşcu (editor), Istoria Baroului Dolj în documente 1911-1957, Bucharest, Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2015.